Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Friday, December 13, 2013

Featured Fan Friday: Stephanie


Please welcome our Featured Fan this month, the lovely Stephanie from Day Dreamer!

Hello Everyone! It's Stephanie from Day DreamerI am so excited to be here today sharing my holiday decor project using stickles. I decided to create a Cinnamon Stick Candle. They are so pretty, smell really good, and are fun to make! Let's get started-

Using a hot glue gun, glue down the cinnamon sticks to the candle. Once the entire candle is covered with the cinnamon sticks, you can apply your paint.


I used Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paint in pearl, it has a nice shimmer and is perfect for holiday projects. In order to get a splatter effect, I used a fan paint brush and flicked the paint on.


Once the paint dries you can apply the Stickles. I used Stardust today.


When I am working with a large area that needs coverage, I squeeze some stickles onto my craft mat, and use a paint brush to apply it. 


After the Stickles dry, you can embellish your candle. I added some ribbon and berries from Michaels. 


When you dim the lights you can see the the beautiful shimmer that the Stickles added to the Cinnamon Sticks. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. such a cool project! Glad to have you with us this week.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'll be making some for Christmas! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thid is awesome ...love love love it

    Cathie

    ReplyDelete